IT NATIONAL PROJECT
PFFB National Project aims to establish accessible computer labs and organize training workshops about modern assistive technology, capacity building at Government Special Education Centers and community organizations for visually impaired students and provide recorded syllabus books to improve quality of education. Alhamd-o-lillah PFFB has established accessible Computer Labs at Government / Private Institutes for Visually Impaired in Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, Karachi, Mirpur Azad Kashmir, Attock, Swat, Abbottabad, Quetta, Muzaffarabad and Gujranwala. PFFB also Organizes Regional Training Workshops for visually impaired students and teachers at special education Institutes.
Moreover, it also provides a platform to visually impaired community for organizing Awareness Raising activities, Seminars and Conferences, where concerned Government departments and Local Community Organizations NGOs and visually impaired persons participate and able to work together in Policy Legislation and for the rights of persons with disabilities. So far, PFFB has organized Seminar on White Cane Safety Day, National Leadership Conference for visually impaired, Policy Dialogue Sessions between Government and NGOs and Seminar for NGOs working for visually impaired persons.
Moreover, under the project PFFB had opportunity to increase the outreach of services to far flung areas of Pakistan. PFFB team conducted awareness visits and meetings with Government and Local NGOs at Baluchistan and Gilgit Baltistan, Interior Sindh, Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa and Punjab to provide opportunity of education through Audio World and IT Center Program and improve the quality of life of visually impaired persons. During the period 2016-2020, more than 6,500 visually impaired students and persons benefited through this project.
- Enable VIPs to compete for better employment as most jobs today require conventional education as well as computer literacy
- Enrich the lives of VIPs through access to education, knowledge, information technology and entertainment
- Serve as a platform for social interaction and PFFB Audio World’s central facility for orders and receiving audio textbooks
- Enable VIPs to cope with various problems associated with disability through provision of psychological and career counseling
- Organize capacity building training workshops for students and teachers to improve their mobility and daily living, computing skills, personality grooming and other necessary skills.
- Assistive aids i.e. white canes, talking wrist watches, mp3 players, assistive softwares, audio training manuals and E-books for visually impaired.
- Help to increase the literacy rate of VIPs across the country; empowering them to make right choices and decisions.